Summary and Conclusions of
the INNOVATION 2013 -
a Week of Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic
The Event was organized by the Association of Innovative Entrepreneurship CR (AIE CR) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Committee of National Economy, Agriculture and Transport of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic, domestic and foreign members and partners of the AIE CR, and under the auspices of H. E. the Prime Minister Jiří Rusnok.
The 20th year INNOVATION 2013 – a Week of Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic was held in Prague from December 3 till December 6, 2013.
Individual parts of the INNOVATION 2013 programme and follow-up meetings and discussions were attended by 354 participants. Speakers from 5 countries introduced experiences and results both R&D projects and activities supporting innovations and international cooperation.
An exhibition, in which took part again e.g. the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on the official governmental level, and attended by about 850 visitors. All together 63 exhibitors presented results more as 300 national and international R&D projects.
Due to presentations and participation of international organizations with which AIE CR and STPA CR are cooperating - especially RINKCE, ICSTI, Belarusian Innovation Fund, Belarusian State University, TII, ICC, IASP, SPICE, EBN - information about the INNOVATION 2013 will be in addition communicated to experts from other 35 other countries.
Within the 18th annual competition of the Innovation of the Year Award in introduction stage were performed 314 consultations about innovative product. In final stage the Selection Committee evaluated 17 officially submitted applications of the Innovation of the Year 2013 Award. From these and according to mandatory rules 16 applications were titled and announced as innovative product at different levels of award. 1 submitted innovative product will be login again in 2014.
The award results were announced in the last day of the INNOVATION 2013 on December 6, 2013 in the premises of the Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic. The award was presented by H.E. Prime Minister Jiří Rusnok, Mr. Petr Bratský Senator and Mr. Karel Šperlink, president of the AIE CR.
Traditionally, the first day of the INNOVATION 2013 was held the Plenary session aimed for "International Competitiveness Strategy and System of Innovative Entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic", and it was followed by an opening ceremony of the exhibition part in the afternoon. CD-ROM the Technological Profile of the Czech Republic, version 14, was officially introduced after exhibition opening. The first day was concluded by performance of the Chamber choir Vocalica and by informal meeting exhibitors and participants of the INNOVATION 2013.
The second day of the INNOVATION 2013 on December 4, 2013 included the 4th National Conference within the SPINNET project, coordinated by the Science and Technology Parks Association of the CR (STPA CR), along with the announcement of the results of the national competition "The best student innovative business plan in 2013".
The third day of the INNOVATION 2013 on December 5, 2013 took place the session "International cooperation in R&D - EUREKA and Eurostars" in which current activities and successful projects were presented. The meeting "Corporate financing innovation and a view beyond 2014+" was organized by the Technology Centre AS CR within the activities of the Enterprise Europe Network. In the evening the award ceremony held on occasion of the 3rd year of the Visionaries 2013 (see: www.czechinno.cz).
During the INNOVATION 2013 was also held a number of meetings with domestic and foreign partners to assess the existing cooperation of the AIE CR and other entities within the system of innovative entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic and setting objectives for the next period.
Detailed information about individual days of the INNOVATION 2013 and the exhibition part of the event and the final results of the 18th year of the Innovation of the Year 2013 including photo galleries are for disposal on www.aipcr.cz
- to organise the 21st year of the International Symposium and Exhibition INNOVATION 2014 - a Week of Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic in Prague and in other places in the Czech Republic in term from December 2 till December 5, 2014;
- an agenda of the Symposium should include information and presentations concerning the EU programming period 2014+, the new results and activities in the field of R&D&I in the Czech Republic and in abroad, and meetings with innovative enterprises which will be nominated to award in the 19th year's Innovation of the Year 2014 Award;
- an exhibition part should present particularly innovative products, and new results of successful domestic and foreign projects in R&D;
- in the 19th annual competition of the Innovation Award 2014 to focus on project results obtained within domestic and international industrial R&D programmes; to publish a brochure Innovation 2014;
- to incorporate innovative products (products, processes and services) between the results of R&D with corresponding scoring in frame of national system of evaluation science and technology;
- further improve the system and infrastructure of innovative entrepreneurship in the Czech Republic;
- continue to provide continue Technological profile of the CR (www.techprofil.cz; using CD-ROM, version 14); to prepare relevant project support in the next term;
- to ensure a continuous support of EUREKA and Eurostars in the Czech Republic within the national EUPRO programme;
- to assess a survey regarding 20 anniversary of the AIE CR and to publish the findings in the Journal Innovative entrepreneurship & Technology transfer; to continue publishing up to date information about innovative entrepreneurship and technology transfer in the Czech Republic and abroad in this magazine.